September celebrations are right around the corner! Belizeans prepare all year for the annual festivities which dominate the scene in the month of September. September 21st marks the Independence of Belize from Britain, and September 12th marks the start of the Carnival festivities. The celebrations starts with St. George’s Caye Day on September 10th.
This truly is a month of culture, food, drink, dancing and fun in the sun This is a time of bacchanal, or an occasion of wild and drunken revelry. In addition, it is a time of national pride and patriotism. Come join us for the best of September festivities! Here is a short must do list for a visit to Belize in the month of September.
- Watch the glitter and glitz of the Carnival parades in Belize City. Colorful costumes and soca rhythms dominate the atmosphere for a truly Caribbean vibe.
- Watch the flag-raising ceremony.
- Dance the night away to the soca rhythms and meet the artists, such as Ernestine Carballo, the Queen of Soca, who represent the country of Belize around the world.
- Drink Belikins on the dock while you watch the sunset with the sound of steel drums and the Caribbean Sea as your backdrop.
- Indulge in delicious BBQ with fresh seafood and meats accompanied with exotic fruits and veggies.